Quality 6 way distribution block, cable and plug, silver-plated.
This 6 ways switched distribution block has an integral 2m cable and UK plug. It offers very high quality specifications at a price that will not break the bank. The design includes silver plated conductors throughout to offer quality mains power distribution for audio and A/V use.
Why silver plating? Silver is a better conductor than copper or brass. Silver-plating the connectors that transmit the power through your wall socket and the plugs on your power leads makes for better connections; the silver plating of the internal power ‘buss-bars’ and all other power conductors does also seem to improve sound quality. The interesting thing about silver is that the oxidisation you see on the material after it has been in contact with oxygen in the air is just as conductive as the silver itself – counter intuitive perhaps, but true!
Each part of this distribution block has been designed for audio and A/V use.
The 2m long integral mains cable is made from 3 core 6N OFC wire and double screened. The mains plug has silver plated conductors and a silver plated 13A fuse. The internal power ‘buss-bars’ are an impressive silver plated 5mm sq. for instant power transmission, the high spring rate silver plated phosphor bronze socket clips pass the BS Standard 30,000 times plug IN / OUT test and the high spring rate phosphor bronze fuse clips are also silver plated.
This distribution block also comes with a high quality noise filtration network, effective EMI and RFI suppression, and anti-surge protection – to ensure your equipment is safe from mains spikes, and your audio sound and visual (A/V) quality is not impaired by noisy mains.
- Number of outlets: 6
- Conforms to BS1363
- Mains lead: 2m. Conforms to VDE standards
- UK plug, BS1363; fused and un-switched, with 3.0 µm Pure 925 Silver Plated Pins
- Fuse: 13A BS-1362 Silver Fuse fitted at plug
- 13A BS-1362 Silver Fuse fitted at distribution strip
- 3.0 µm Pure 925 Silver Plating to All high spring rate phosphor bronze power clips
- Mains Voltage: 200 – 240 VAC / 50~60Hz
- Mains on/off Switch: Fitted on distribution strip
- PRRT Noise Filtration Network using Selected Components
- Excellent EMI and RFI Suppression to Improve Audio and Visual Performance
- 48,000 Amp. Surge Suppression Protect Hi Fi / AV Appliances
- 5 mm² Power Transmission Bus Bars with Pure Silver Plating for High Current Flow
- Max. Current: 13 Amp.
- Max. Wattage: 3,000 Watt (230V)
- Dimensions: 60mm x 402mm x 30mm (W x L x H)
- Net Weight: 0.8 KG (net)
MPN: MS-POWER S20 V2
Reviewed by David Price for Hi-Fi Choice, February 2015
The [MS Power S20] is well made … performs well, giving a subtle opening out and smoothing of the sound, taking a little of the edge an brittleness out of the equation…. it does this for up to 6 sources, making this a good value for money product. – Hi-Fi Choice recommended product.