The perfect interface between your computer and music system.
Audioengine D1 Premium 24-bit DAC (digital-to-analogue converter) allows you to bypass your computer’s soundcard or headphone output and send audio through USB or optical. D1 is the perfect digital interface between your computer and music system and will improve the sound of ALL your music.
The D1 accepts inputs from both USB and optical and has outputs for any audio system or headphones. The D1 DAC is the perfect way to get great-sounding music not only from your computer but also from your TV, Apple TV, DVD/Blu-ray player or CD player. And since it’s powered by USB, D1 is also a high-quality portable computer headphone amplifier.
Designed for the Computer Audiophile
D1 will process digital audio at any bit depth up to 24 bits and any sample rate to 192kHz. With it’s high signal-to-noise ratio and low distortion the D1 delivers sound quality generally heard only in more expensive DACs. The high-performance headphone output was designed for a wide range of headphones and will satisfy even the most demanding headphone enthusiasts.
Setup is easy and no special software is needed, making D1 a true plug-and-play solution. The D1 outputs connect to any audio system or powered speakers, such as the Audioengine A5+ or A2. Power for the D1 is provided via the USB bus so there is no external power supply to connect.
See and Hear the Difference
Audioengine designers, with their attention to audio quality as well as visual aesthetics, have created a feast for both the eyes and ears. The rounded anodized aluminium case of the D1 reflects traditional Audioengine design and the audio fidelity is typical of Audioengine’s commitment to great sound at an affordable price. The Audioengine D1 continues to close the gap between your computer music and home hi-fi and even if you’re not an audio enthusiast we guarantee your music will sound better!
- Desktop or portable digital-to-analogue convertor
- Mac or PC plug-and-play, no drivers to install
- High-performance headphone amp included
- USB and optical inputs
- USB-powered, no separate power supply needed
- Stream bit-perfect HD audio with low jitter
- Based on high-performance AK4396 DAC
- Any computer (Mac or PC)
- Apple TV or any product with optical outputs
- Powered speakers
- Any audio system with mini-jack or RCA inputs
What’s in the box
- D1 DAC
- USB cable, 2ft (0.6m)
- Microfibre product bag
- Setup guide
- Product line brochure
- DAC type: Dual Mode USB and Optical (SPDIF)
- Inputs: USB/Optical (SPDIF)
- Outputs: RCA stereo/3.5mm headphone
- D/A converter: AKM4396
- Optical receiver: CS8416
- USB controller: TI1020B
- USB device class: Type 1.1 or above
- Full-scale output: 2.0V RMS
- Output impedance: 10 ohms
- Power source: USB 5V
- Power requirements: 5V DC, 200mA
- USB power filtering: 2-stage redundant regulation
- SNR: (DC to 20 kHz) >110dB
- THD+N: (1kHz FS 96kS/s) <0.0025%
- Crosstalk: -85db
- USB transfer mode: Asynchronous (dual clock)
- Frequency response: 10Hz – 25kHz (+/- 0.5dB)
- Input bit depth: up to 24 bits
- Input data rate: up to 192kS/s
- Product dimensions: 89x102x25mm
- Shipping weight: 0.5kg
- Environmental: Operating Temperature: 32 to 95 degrees F Non-operating Temp: -4 to 113 degrees F Relative Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Included accessories: USB cable, 61cm
- D1 USB: The D1 utilizes the TI1020B USB controller, widely recognized as a standard for higher-end USB audio products. The D1 is powered directly from the USB bus and USB power is passed through two stages of regulation to ensure high stability and low noise.
- D1 DAC: The D1 uses the AK4396 DAC, well regarded for its low noise and high fidelity. Due to the high signal-to-noise specs of the AK4396 and the added benefit of double redundancy power source conversion and filtering, the D1 presents impressive low noise and low distortion characteristics.
- D1 Headphone: The D1 includes a headphone amp based on the TI OPA2134 low noise op-amp. This headphone amp is able to provide low-impedance, high-fidelity audio to a wide range of headphones and supports headphones with impedance as low as 20 ohms.
|Audioengine D1 Features (215.6 KB)|
|Audioengine D1 Setup Guide (666.6 KB)|